At the department of Physical and Chemical Sciences research activities on various physics and chemistry topics are performed. These activities range from basic research to technological aspects and applications, also in collaboration with industries, and to the environment investigation. In addition to permanent teaching and research staff, several young researchers are involved in the research activities, appointed on temporary positions (research grants or temporary researcher contracts) also through collaborations with other research institutions and companies.
The department of Physical and Chemical Sciences is coordinator of PhD courses in Physics and in Chemistry.
The areas where it is most active research within the Department are summarized below
- Experimental Physics of Matter
- Theoretical Physics of Matter
- Experimental Physics of Elementary Particles
- Theoretical Elementary Particle Physics
- Atmospheric Physics (CETEMPS)
- Space Physics and the Sun-Earth Relations
- Theoretical and Computational Chemistry
- Organic and Inorganic Chemistry
- Advanced Methods of Analysis
- Science and Technology for Cultural Heritage